coating thickness measurement,
coating thickness meter
Wet Film Thickness Gauges ( Comb-shape )
The Wet Film Thickness Gauges are made of a comb-shaped design with precision cut gaps to determine the coating thickness by placing vertically onto a wet coated substrate. it is a corrosion-resistant stainless steel with a hole at the top comer so that a string(not supply)can be attached for hooking
All Wet Film Thickness Gauges come standard with 10 gaps with inscriptions of the thickness at the side of each gap.It is recommended to replace a new gauge if there are chips, crack or uneven at the gap(s)of the gauge
Main Technical Parameters
Type: SHG~100 10-100µm(@10µm)
Weight:approx.22g(for 1&2), 33g(for 3&4)
Wheel shape wet film thickness gauge
The instrument is designed and manufactured in accordance with the national standard ISO2808-1974(E) "determination of film thickness of paints and varnishes". It is mainly used to determine the thickness of surface temperature film of paints and estimate the approximate thickness when the film dries. The instrument can be used for laboratory and production control.
1. Measurement range 0 -- 150um,optional range: 0-50um,0-75um,0-100um,0-150um,0-200um,0-500um
2. Measurement accuracy ≯ 5um
3. Wheel type wet film thickness gauge is a measuring tool for measuring the thickness of paint, varnish and other wet film coating. The thickness gauge can be measured not only on flat substrates but also on curved substrates with high accuracy.
Use and operate methods
1. The coating shall be applied to a suitable hardness plate (steel substrate), and the area of the test plate shall be large enough so that the distance between the film thickness measurement site and any side of the test plate shall be at least 25mm, and the wet film thickness shall be determined immediately after the coating.
2. The test plate fixed on the basis of an appropriate level, in the determination of paint film and pilot board wouldn't have to move or beating, put the instrument to measure the thickness of the wet film, make its least reading at the top, and instrument eccentric wheel and the biggest gap between wet film just above the wet film, then scroll forward half cycle (180 °) and in the opposite direction to repeat rolling mobile after half cycle (180 °), inspection equipment central flange and first contact with the surface of the wet film position, become a read reading and calculate the average readings.
3. If the finish contains a fast volatile solvent and a low solid content, it is best to apply it to the freshly painted film and take at least one more separate reading and calculate the average of these individual readings.
Note: although this instrument is suitable for measuring the thickness of wet film applied on the flat test plate, it can also be used in the field or in the factory to bend the work piece surface in only one direction, as long as the substrate is not bent between the two concentric wheels so as to affect the measurement of the instrument.
Contact Person: Mr. Davis Chen